Friday 13 December 2013

Out

I wandered around today, trying to find some way to get out of here.

The power is intermittent. The lift to the floor above isn't working, or at least, it was never working when I tried it. Every time the power came back, I'd jog over to the lift to check, but I could never get it to work. Maybe it needs a sustained period of power to reset its systems. Or maybe it just doesn't work anymore.

Some of the doors are sealed shut, too. I'd have thought the default position would be for them to open in the event of a disaster, but apparently not. Some of them unseal when the power is on, but not all of them. I got caught behind one for two hours when the power cut out. I have to be more careful.

There must be stairs somewhere, but they aren't marked on the maps, and no one I've asked has known how to find them. Exploring is risky, but I can't see a way to get up in the lift unless I can get it to work.

I'm worried that the lift doesn't work for the same reason the power isn't working properly: the mal is no longer being held back, and the technology here is breaking down. If I'm right, I'll have to find those stairs. They must be here somewhere. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.