Monday 21 October 2013

Power

The device that generates the Red field wasn't working today. The scientist on duty told me that it takes an incredible amount of power to operate the device, and if the power level dips, the device automatically goes offline as a failsafe. He told me if I looked through the viewfinder, I'd see the device, rather than what I saw before.

I was reluctant to look at first, as I still had the remains of a headache, and I wasn't sure if they were trying to involve me in an experiment by getting me to look in there again. In the end, I decided to look, as I couldn't see any way around it. I saw four dark spheres. I think they were rotating, though I couldn't really tell, and blue bolts of electricity crackled between them. Whatever tech they're using in there is far beyond my current level of understanding. I asked for a layman's description of how it worked, and the scientist I spoke to pretty much laughed in my face, and told me there wasn't a layman's description.

It doesn't matter, though. Tomorrow, I start my primer on the theoretical basis of the mal field. Once I've done that, I'll be much closer to being able to understand the technology here. I'll still need to get more involved with the specific devices I want to use, but it'll be a start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.