Monday 28 October 2013

Idiots

I lost it today, and with good reason.

I was shadowing two researchers working on the map. They were entering data collected from remote sensors and updating the map accordingly. What I was seeing didn't make any sense; the map seemed to respond almost randomly to the readings. I asked them to explain what was happening. They just laughed and told me not to worry about it. I got angry, and asked them how they knew the results were accurate. They said it didn't matter what they knew, as long as someone knew how it worked. I started shouting at them, asking them to tell me which people knew anything. I called them idiots, and said they were a disgrace to scientists everywhere. In the end, they asked me to leave. I've been stewing in my room ever since.

No one in the team knows anything, and they all think someone else is in charge. No one wants to take personal responsibility. The Sick Land is expanding rapidly, and all I can see are docile researchers calmly entering data while the world is eaten away, miles at a time. It's making me question the ultimate motivation of this place.

I'm supposed to be shadowing them again tomorrow, but I don't see the point. I'm going to check out that secure lift. There must be people below who know what's going on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.