Thursday 15 August 2013

Vote

The vote was tied. We're staying here another day.

Saul and Ivana voted to go back. Melanie and I voted to go on. Saul nodded when he heard our votes, and said we should discuss it. To be honest, I was ready to be persuaded. I'm going to sleep on it, but tomorrow, I think I'll change my vote and we'll go back. There's no point being out here, after all. We're not doing any research; we're just risking death every day to follow a furrow that shows no sign of coming to an end.

I don't think Melanie was persuaded. She barely interacted, just sat there staring at her hand. It was resting in her lap, clenching and relaxing. It doesn't matter if she votes to go on. The majority has it. We'll vote again tomorrow; all else being equal, we'll leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.