Wednesday 28 August 2013

Saddle

I can't sleep. Whatever, or whoever, is following me keeps me awake. It's nothing definite, but I can hear something moving, creeping around the edge of the camp. I went out and looked a couple of times in the night, but I didn't find anything. Whatever it is, it's keeping its distance, at least when I'm mobile.

I can't wait for the scenery to change. I'm utterly sick of this grey, dusty landscape. Even the red soil would be preferable to more of the grey. I'm moving a lot more quickly than we did when we travelled in, and I've decided that I might as well make use of the night, too. If my follower won't let me sleep, I'll doze in the saddle and get back twice as fast.

I need to get back. Back to the safety of the facility, and away from here. I don't know how much more I can take. Day after day of identical scenery and night after night without sleep. It's going to drive me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.