Wednesday 31 July 2013

Fungus

I hadn't realised how big the field was until I saw it up close. I'd estimate that it covers at least a square mile, maybe more, and I'm pretty sure I can see another two fields in the distance. Each fungus is the mirror image of the specimen Bob brought back; I wonder if he got it from this field.

The researchers have been busy picking and dissecting the fungi. I sat and watched as they did the dissections. The fourteenth fungus had an eyeball in it. After that, they boxed the rest of the specimens. I told the guy who'd found the eyeball about the teeth in Bob's specimen, but it didn't comfort him at all. He's going back to the Jeeps tomorrow.

I haven't touched any of the fungi, and I've pitched my tent as far away from the field as possible. I don't think I'll sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.