Wednesday 24 July 2013

Close

Horrible dream.

I was hovering above the facility, looking down on the grey concrete roof and the plumes emerging from the smoke stack. I sank down, passing sleeping researchers and cages full of doomed animals. I floated through my own room as I dropped, and I saw myself asleep on my bed, and even in the dream, I knew it was wrong, and I wasn't there.

I fell deeper, through the thick floor and into a basement. Inside the basement were men, trapped in squalid cages. Some of them were screaming, the sounds tearing out of their throats as bloody mist. All of them were wrong, insane and afflicted. I saw men warped by the mal and kept alive with pipes and machines.

Outside the cages, men I recognised, men in white coats with clean glasses, checked boxes on clipboards.

I didn't bother trying to get back to sleep.

Today should be the last day before we get to the crater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.