Wednesday 13 March 2013

The flight was uncomfortable, but that's to be expected. I'm a poor flyer.

We flew into a military airbase after five hours in the air. My bags were loaded into a muddy Land Rover, which took me on the four-hour drive to station Alpha.

Alpha is a square, concrete bunker on the border of the Green Zone*. It looks like it was built during communism; as I remember, it was. The Soviets were very interested in weaponising The Sick Land. They didn't get far.

When I arrived, I was basically pushed from the Land Rover. The driver threw my bags out and sped off. The locals are superstitious about The Sick Land.

I went to the entrance, where a voice told me to decontaminate. It wasn't pleasant. Since I know the decontamination doesn't, can't, have any effect on mal, I assume they were hazing me.

I've been assigned a cell three floors down. It's got a bed, a chair, a desk, and a computer. Nothing else. They told me they've been having problems with their connection; hopefully this will post.

I'll say a bit more about my colleagues tomorrow. I'm tired after the journey.

*Green zone - The outer edge of The Sick Land. It's the least affected area, and represents the beginning of the mal. There's evidence that prehistoric people lived in and around the Green Zone; I'll post more on its history at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.